Sunday, August 26, 2007

Your Daily Inspirational Calendar

Recently discovered in an old, navy trunk in the attice, buried (ironically) under some Old Navy sweaters was a daily calendar containing inspirational quotes from a slew of famous and not so famous people. Presented for your edification and machination:

August 20
"Often I'm asked if we could be doing more to help the poor in this bluntry. At least, that's what they seem to be saying, as I try to read their lips through the window on my 1.9 million dollar corporate limosine. I don't know what a 'bluntry' is. So my answer is, 'I don't know. I just don't know.'" - E. Neville Isdell, president Coca-Cola

August 24
"Hardly a day goes by that I don't say to myself, 'Yes, I was born in a log cabin. Can't we just get past that? I'd like to think I've done one or two good things since then!' And then I go on quietly about my business." - Abraham Lincoln

August 25
"Noah Webster didn't know the meaning of the word defeat. Which is even further evidence that Cambridge University publishes a much more reliable dictionary." - Professor James Edington, Dean of the English department, Cambridge University

August 26
"Everything I am and hope to be I attribute to the values, upbringing and millions of dollars that I received from my parents." - Eric Ericson, son Delta Airlines founder Donny Ericson

No comments: