Monday, October 8, 2007

Ghostwriter, yes I do remember.

To the request of the other author[s] of this blog, yes in fact, I do remember Ghostwriter. I was a proud (though not at the time) follower of the episodes. I too sometime wished that mysteries would fall into my lap to be solved with the aid of a little dyslexia. Though, I jest. At the time I did love it, all the story line and all the love interest. Whatever happened to good public television. Unfortunately I watch nothing at all now, good public television or bad.

I do remember a lot of things. Unfortunately I don't remember a lot of things. I recently rediscovered that my journal from all my formative high-school years was lost. I discovered this a year ago when I moved from Utah to Michigan, but rediscovered it when I moved again from Michigan to Michigan. The unpacking of stuff reminds me of two things: 1) that I always am reminded that I have too much stuff and 2) there are things that I treasure and things I've misplaced. The things I love most are mostly small; Like the many books I've inherited from my great grandmother, the compass from my dad, the train from my grandpa when I was three. Then there are the journals that are somewhat irreplaceable (place a wary eye on UPS) and the one or two pajama shirts that somehow made it all the way from high school. Then there are the things I've misplaced, the journals provide the largest hole, and the rest, I no longer remember since they are gone. Funny how we tend to keep somewhat seemingly meaningless things, that hold value in the context that they were in at one past time. It's so much easier to remember when you have an artifact of sorts. This is probably the kind of thing they study in anthologies of history, although there is another author who can tell us about that.

Sometimes would it not be nice to have a ghostwriter? Thus all, my memories and journals would be documented in full form. Tomes of my life edited and woven together with sweet prose and emotion or full sarcasm and wit depending on my mood. Only then I could really say, yes I do remember.

Although, then I would need a secretary to keep them for me.
And not to ship through UPS.

1 comment:

faith said...

that's so sad about your journals. i've been a little better lately about keeping mine updated. i would probably be really upset if mine got lost. i guess that's one good thing about doing it electronically - although there is something about looking back at something you've written in your own handwriting...