Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pound Puppies and Pictures Galore

Yay! I have finally appeared, single handedly, on our blog. It's true, life is a bit nuts.. but slowly winding down so much more time to talk about the most important things in life: nothing indeed. :)

I just caught myself up with the other posts and had to laugh as I read through them. I was once an avid Ghostwriter fan as well. Seriously, that show was great..or at least as I remember it. Which reminds me of the other great shows we used to have as little kids. Have you watch any of the recent shows they have on now for the lil' ones? I guess as a nanny I get more of a chance than most, but some of them are pretty crazy and it makes me long for the days of Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and of course, My Little Pony. I know they still have most of these shows.. but, those were the good ol' days. hmm.. this all leads to a very good question, what was your favorite toy(s) as a child? Top three, hands down: My Kid Sister, a giant talking Big Bird, and of course Pound Puppies. Loved them!

On Chemically Yours other note, it makes me laugh that you bring up journals, I found some of my old ones the other day. They are great! See, I was never good at keeping a journal so I have a bunch with one or two pages started. But the classics are in my first journal from way back in the day. Every entry includes pictures galore and plenty of misspelled words to describe my fun day mini-golfing or such. I even have a tearful page of when my sister forgot to give me ice cream.

Rich, two thoughts. I love the blog about Alexander. I love it because awhile ago when that movie 300 came out, they were handing out free copies of Alexander with it. I have yet to watch it and now understand why it was such a great deal. Second thought, completely off base was that you mentioned all the problems in Burma that have been going on for over a decade now. It is interesting that you mentioned this because I actually used to work with several refugees from there and have their life stories on a CD. It's pretty interesting and they are awesome people.

Well, I've done my part. . look for much more random entries from me in the future.

4 comments:

meg said...

Jane is a PBS kid.

Christian said...

I can't wait for the day when they make a ghostwriter movie. Maybe they could even get Michael Bay to direct it!

k nelle said...

YAY! I'm so excited about pound puppies! I totally loved those, and love, love y-o-u! :)

You forgot rainbow brite and shera. I think I had She-ra sheets that I loved!

I'm also glad Jane is a PBS kid. Hooray. And definitely agree with the ghostwriter movie...

Rich said...

But did any of you have the pound puppy picture book and accompanying coloring book? Also, Teddy Ruckspin anyone? And for what it's worth, the first time I had $5 to my name, you can bet that I spent it buying a ninja turtle action figure. My favorite one? Astronaut Donatello. I have no idea why.