Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Ninth Post of Christmas: Raging Nog-aholic

I'm a big fan of egg nog. So much so that when we were freshmen, my roommate dubbed me a "raging nog-aholic." And not a holiday season has gone by since then that it hasn't come up! Huzzah for running gags!

When they first start selling it in supermarkets I'll usually get a quart and polish it off that same day/night, just for celebratory purposes. For some reason, they usually have a batch put out for Halloween (with a witch picture on it. Go figure), and then the egg nog disappears until the week of Thanksgiving. One year, this same roommate (fueling the flames of my compulsive addiction) excitedly told me of some Easter egg nog that he'd just seen at the store (the witch had been replaced by eggs, just as the celebration of the occult was replaced by the good news of the rabbit that lays chocolate eggs).

What, may you ask is this years' current up to date egg nog consumption amount? Well, I might be off, but my calculations put me at 3 gallons and one quart. Yikes. In the spirit of full disclosure, I had a half gallon of that in a 20 hour period. Specifically the last 20 hour period (Note: it was actually a low-fat variety, with actually about 1/4th of the fat as normal. I looked at the empty carton when I was throwing it away) Believe me, I am not proud of this fact, though I did enjoy every delicious moment of it.

Finally, to give you an idea of the effect my raging nogaholism (and my unchecked consumption of heavy whipping cream, sugar and processed egg product) has on me, please observe the undoctored photos of myself as seen below:

My abs, October 26th, 2006.













My abs, January 3rd, 2007.



2 comments:

spencer said...

Yeah! I made the 12 posts of christmas! I am a little disappointed you didnt include the practically-based joke regarding your eggnog during said freshman year.

~*Alina*~ said...

hahaha... Oh my stomach hurts from laughing.